Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Mission Statement

I'd like to share with you my personal mission statement. I wrote this over the summer when I took one of the most amazing classes based on the book 'The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People'. That class was a major turning point for me as I started to understand more about myself and others around me!

To understand how my mission statement is written below, I've included the instructions on how to write one (You MUST read this FIRST or my mission statement won't totally make sense!)

1. Mission Summary
• Write a couple of sentences which summarize your mission in life. It may be helpful to do this last.

2. Roles
• Current Roles (four minimum)
i. Tribute statement
ii. Key Person
iii. Goal
• Future Roles (two minimum)
i. Tribute statement
ii. Key Person
iii. Goal

3. Role models
• Include at least two role models in this section—people you admire and would like to model in your own life. Be specific about what makes this person a role model for you. If it is helpful, you may break this category into two sections: “personal role model” and “professional role model.”

4. Bucket List
• Make a list of exciting and fun things you would like to accomplish/do before you die. Think big!

5. Talents and Gifts
• Make a list of your talents and gifts. You can also include talents and/or gifts that you would like to acquire over time. Don’t be modest!

6. Quotes
• Make a list of at least five quotes that are important to you. There are many quotes sites online, such as quoteland, thinkexist, or brainy quotes.

7. Principles
• List the principles that are recurring throughout your work. Look to your collage and this rough draft to help you identify these principles.
______________________________________________________________________________________

My Mission Statement:

I am everything I want to be. I am respected and I respect others, I love and I am loved, I am intelligent and I share my knowledge with others, I am generous and take care of many,
I am a constant example in all that I do.

Roles:

Girlfriend:
-She is so sweet and loving, always caring for my needs and supporting me through everything. I love her for all that she is and then some. She is my other half, I’d be lost without her.

-Key Person: Boyfriend
-Goal: Be unselfish, be supportive, love… and don’t hold anything back

Daughter:
She is one of my closest and best friends. We always have so much fun. Tiffany has so much love in her heart especially for her parents. I have been blessed to have such a wonderful loving sweetie for a daughter. Tiffany led by example. She turned her life in a dedicated example that changed the lives of many people whom she touched. I am so proud of her accomplishments. She loves and adores her parents and spoils us with her generosity.

-Key Person: Mommy
-Goal: Be the example I was meant to be. Become financially stable and offer my parents true retirement. Love and adore them. Let them know how special they are consistently. Enjoy them for the rest of the years we’ll have together.

Sister:
She never gave up on me. Tiffany was always full of encouragement & was always a great example. She loved me unconditionally. I knew she was there for me through thick and thin and I loved her for that dedication.

-Key Person: Siblings
-Goal: Hold myself to the standards I set for others. Be the example I need to be to inspire the necessary changes in others.

Friend:
Tiffany has always been such an amazing friend. I knew that she’d be there for me no matter what to be supportive and attentive to whatever it was that I needed. She was there for me when I needed her most. She was nothing but positive and so fun to be with. Best friends forever!!! :)

-Key Person: Joanna
-Goal: Be attentive and aware of her needs. Make sure that I am ALWAYS there when she needs me. Give her my love and support when she needs it most. Listen, listen, listen so I don’t miss a moment that I need to be apart of.

Wife:
Tiffany loved and adored me like nothing and no one else could. She is my best friend always and forever. There is absolutely nobody like her in this whole world. I could never love anyone as much as I love my sweet Tiffany. I hope that I have been everything she ever dreamed of as she has been for me. Thank you for blessing my life by being in it everyday!

-Key Person: Husband
-Goal: Be his everything, be his support, be his love, be his sanctuary, be his best friend for time and all eternity.

Mother:
My mother is a remarkable woman. She dedicated her life to her family and to the Gospel. Mom loved us unconditionally and went to great lengths to give us the best life imaginable. She spent her time teaching us everything we could possibly ever want to know. She has always been there for me. She is my best friend and I love her so much.

-Key Person: Children
-Goal: Dedicate my life to knowledge and understanding so that I may raise my kids to be prepared and desirous to take on the world and accomplish everything they want. Help them discover themselves, develop their strengths and teach them how to overcome their weaknesses.

Role Models:

Hellen Keller:
Nothing could hold her back. She puts all of my ‘issues’ to shame and then lives life to the fullest extent above and beyond what most individuals will ever do in their lifetime.

Marjorie Pay Hinckley:
She was loved and she was witty. She was an exemplary wife and mother… I hope to be the same.

Benjamin Franklin: He lived the way I want to become. He understood the simplicity of life like
no one else.

Don:
He is absolutely tough as nails and possibly one of the most intimidating men in the world but he loves me like a father loves a daughter. He doesn’t put up with anyone’s crap and sets them straight when they need it, never thinking twice about a popularity contest. He lives with no regrets. He makes the right decision every time. He knows the value of family relationships and he loves the Gospel. He lives up to the 7 habits every single day and inspires me to be my best with his example.

Bucket List:

I want a love like nothing and no one else. Something so blissful and passionate that you are oblivious to everyone around you but the one you are in to.
I want to know the Gospel inside and out so that I may teach it to others
Get my master’s degree in Psychology
Become a professional, motivational speaker and actually improve lives
Have a singing and dancing career and then have my own record label that promotes inspirational talent
Have an acting career in film and then have my own film company that promotes good values and principles for everyone to enjoy and learn from
Own my own 40’s dinner/dancing restaurant just like the old movies
I want to go to Hawaii on vacation and relax on the beautiful beaches
I want to have an eternal family
I want to know what it feels like to live the 7 habits effectively and just continue to sharpen the saw
I want a best friend for the rest of my life (my husband)




Talents:

Singing, ballroom dancing, hip hop dance, acting, performing, Trilingual (English, Spanish and Sign language), Judo and Jujitsu, Yoga, Basketball, Golf

Some favorite quotes:

“A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle.”
-Benjamin Franklin

“You can’t talk your way out of what you’ve behaved yourself into.”
-Stephen R. Covey

“If the ladder is not leaning against the right wall, every step we take just gets us to the wrong place faster”
-Stephen R. Covey

“I teach people how to treat me by what I will allow”
-Stephen R. Covey

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
-Aristotle

“Woman is made from the rib of man, not from his head to top him; not from his feet to be trampled, but from his side to be his equal, under his arm to be protected, and close to his heart to be loved.”
-Unknown LDS

“All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move.”
-Benjamin Franklin

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
-Helen Keller

“Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.”
-Helen Keller

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.”
-Helen Keller

“I can see, and that is why I can be happy, in what you call the dark, but which to me is golden. I can see a God-made world, not a manmade world.”
-Helen Keller


Principles:
Love, service, dedication, good example, thoughtfulness, generosity, discipline, knowledge, understanding, time management.

Also and most importantly.... The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People:
Being proactive, beginning with the end in mind, putting first things first, thinking win-win, seeking first to understand and then to be understood, synergizing and always keeping the saw sharp.

(I hope this inspires you to create something similar! Use the outline above and e-mail me if you have any questions!! Usually this is something extremely private but if I didn't share, you wouldn't know how cool it is!!) :)

No comments: